We are pleased that the State has launched the Oklahoma Parental Choice Tax Credit for the taxpayers of Oklahoma. This program will provide an income tax credit of up to $7,500
for eligible taxpayers towards tuition and fees at Monte Cassino School. We encourage you to learn more about this program at: Oklahoma Parental Choice Tax Credit.
We have gathered a few details and action items if you are planning to apply for the tax credit:
- Monte Cassino School completed and submitted the required School Participation Form to the Oklahoma Tax Commission on Nov. 7, which is the first step in this process.
- Our School Participation Form is now being reviewed and validated by the Oklahoma Tax Commission.
- The tax credit is given on a first-come, first-served basis, with a priority window (from Dec. 6, 2023 - February 5, 2024) for families with a 2022 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $150,000 or less.
- Taxpayers must apply for the tax credit directly on the OTC website www.parentalchoice.ok.gov. The application is scheduled to open at 2:00pm on Wednesday, December 6, 2023.
- All families who choose to apply for the tax credit must complete an Enrollment Verification Request Form from Monte Cassino School before completing your application. You will need one form completed per child. Click here to access the form.
- After submitting your request for the EVF from MCS, you will receive the EVF directly from the OTC via email. All forms submitted to MCS by 4 pm on November 28, 2023 will be verified to the OTC on November 29th. MCS will verify enrollment for forms submitted after November 28th within 1-2 business days.
- Although "Step 2" in the "How it Works" section of the OTC website indicates the school will email the taxpayer - it has been clarified that the school will send the EVF information to the OTC, and the OTC portal (run by the company Merit) will generate and send the EVF directly to the taxpayer.
- You must upload a copy of the EVF for each child at the time of your application for the tax credit.
Monte Cassino is hosting two information-sharing sessions for MCS families when we return from Thanksgiving Break on November 28 and December 1 at 8:15am in the MPAC. At these sessions, we will share the most recent updates from the OTC, guidance on how to apply, and the role of Monte Cassino School in the process.
We are also participating in the Parental Choice Tax Credit Sign-Up Fair at Bishop Kelley High School for families who would like additional help walking through the sign-up process. The details are listed here:
Parental Choice Tax Credit Sign-Up Fair
Friday, December 8 from 3:00 - 8:00pm or
Saturday, December 9 from 10:00 AM - 3:00pm
Bishop Kelley Dining Hall
3905 South Hudson Ave, Tulsa, OK 74135
If you have any questions about how the Oklahoma Parental Choice Tax Credit can help reduce your tuition at Monte Cassino, please contact Tracie Kutmas at 918-746-4146 or at firstname.lastname@example.org